Sunday 8 April 2012

Just Another Brick

I was looking at Samantha Brick's website, just to see where on earth this person was coming from. I found that it wasn't that dissimilar to my own... an attempt to say this is who I am and this is what I do... oh and if you like the look of me, why not give me some work... It's what we're all doing, isn't it?

Brick's "crime" seems to have been (a) to write for the Daily Mail (and a few of us have done that, too) and (b) to expose how she perceives herself and how she thinks the world perceives her.

The observer is the observed, as discussed in a previous post, and Brick seems to be tied up in a feedback loop or two when it comes to being aware of what's going on. But that, too, is not much different from the rest of us, is it?

So instead of pillorying her, maybe we should just see if there is something of us in her, and vice versa. And if there is, maybe some compassion would be in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment