Saturday 6 October 2012

Screen Test

I currently have the luck of a man who should already be in north London but is driving through Brixton at night in incessant rain when his driver's-side windscreen wiper detaches itself and starts making its way down the side of his car...

This is not some Blackadder-esque hyperbole.... This happened to me on the way to a gig in Dalston... I wound down my side window and caught the wiper as it went past, but while I was doing that, I almost drove head-on into a car coming the other way... and all this BEFORE I actually played the gig...

I can't describe how uncomfortable it is driving while sitting in the driver's seat and leaning over to the passenger side to see through the only clear patch of windscreen... I not only had to do this all the way through central London, but also (after the gig) all the way back out of London and down the M23.

So is it worth doing this? The owner of Dalston Jazz Bar seemed to think so. He said Russ Payne and the Shark Dentists were the best band he'd seen in the past 10 years... Oh well, I'd better get the wiper fixed for the next gig...




No comments:

Post a Comment