Saturday 6 July 2013

Friends Electric

I really love Brighton Electric studios.

I often hire a room there for solo drum practice. Because it's reasonably priced. The drum kits are good. And the staff know what they're talking about. It's a warren of studios, with bands of all sorts (but mainly young and loud) coming and going at all times.

The other day I did an early-morning session there before taking the train from Brighton into London for work, leaving my car near the studio.

I didn't get back until really late that night. And as I walked past the Electric, I could hear the sound of drums coming through the windows.

It was a great sound and produced a great feeling...

I'd done the morning shift and now someone was doing the night shift.

This is a music factory, where the music is a constant, and the people who come in for an hour or two hours or a day are the factor that is ever-changing.

A bit like the world...




No comments:

Post a Comment