Saturday 8 February 2014

Barb Dylan


Sadly, I didn't get to see Bob Dylan on his latest visit to the UK. By all accounts, he played a memorable three nights at the Albert Hall...

But a woman called Barb Jungr more than made up for my disappointment when I saw her singing her all-Dylan show – not so much a tribute act, but more an extended love letter to, from and about the great and mysterious Bob.

I have never heard anyone get so deep into the music of Dylan as Jungr did. And her passionate interpretations of the master's classics, as well as a few lesser known works, had me in tears more than once during the evening.

I confessed this to Jungr after the show, and she took my hand, as if to say: "Yes, it's powerful stuff... it's ok to cry."

In performing Dylan, she seems transported into that place where a singer performs at their utmost intensity. If you ever have a chance to see this show, don't miss it...


2 comments:

  1. Dude,
    I dated her (true)
    Hope all well Caris D
    @cd123

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still around! Great to hear from you! Nigel

    ReplyDelete