Thursday 22 October 2015

Footes Steps

I've been working fairly regularly at a magazine in central London... and getting behind with drum practice.

If only it were possible to use the lunch hour for playing drums, I thought, as I took a walk down Tottenham Court Road. For no real reason, my footsteps took me down Store Street... where I found not only a music store, but one with a drum rehearsal room in the basement.

Footes, as with most music shops, is staffed by friendly, helpful people, and I immediately felt like I'd found a welcoming oasis in the heart of the city.

Needless to say, I booked in for the next lunch hour... and will continue to do so when I'm in the area.

The Footes room is quiet, fairly well soundproofed and has a nice Natal kit. You don't even have to bring cymbals or sticks. And just an hour concentrates the drumming mind wonderfully...

No comments:

Post a Comment