Tuesday 14 February 2017

Getting Back To The Garden

"I can't watch. And I can't look away." That was the one comment on the Trump presidency that really hit home. That's exactly how it has affected me and, no doubt, millions of others. And that's my excuse for not writing much for a while.

The antidote to Trump and the nastiness that surrounds him? As is so often the case, it's music.

Thankfully, I've recently been introduced to Radio Garden, the beautiful website that allows you to travel the world and alight wherever you please and listen to what's on the radio there.

I'm currently in Abuja, in Nigeria, but have also been having much musical pleasure in Havana, Cuba, and Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Now more than ever, we need to be reminded that there is a whole non-Trump, non-Brexit, non-fascist world out there – a world of music – that is positive, uplifting and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment