Monday 6 November 2023

See Naples And Live... More – 2: Snaking All Over

























The next item in my new series on Naples – about the miracle of San Gennaro's blood – has been delayed slightly by Marius Kociejowski.

Mr Kociejowski has written such a brilliant book on the city – The Serpent Coiled In Naples – that reading it is taking up any spare time that I get.

He covers many of the aspects of Napoli that I did in my first series, See Naples And Live (13 October 2021 to 19 February 2022), but in huge and poetic depth.

The way that he ranges from one century to another, from one character to another, and so often from a lie to the truth and back again, is madly chaotic and perfectly in tune with the place.

I can't recommend it highly enough – it's one of those books that you really don't want to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment