Saturday 28 January 2012

Looking For The Break

A friend who is a published author has offered to put in a word for me with his agent about my novel, Like A Flower. That is, if I send him the first chapter and he likes it. This is a bit like playing a tricky drum break at a gig and knowing that there is a great drummer sitting in the audience: ie worrying.

Oh well, I'd better give Chapter One a quick going over, mail it off and see what happens. As with writing, as with music, the creative process seems to account for about 20 per cent of what you do. The other 80 per cent of the time is spent trying to persuade someone to let you do it.

If this particular agent isn't interested, I have other authors' agents and publishing contacts to pursue. Not because I am particularly well connected in the publishing field, but because so many journalists I know have been kind and helpful in pointing me in the right directions. There's a home waiting for Like A Flower. I just have to find it.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe I can finally read it if it gets published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you have a copy of it soon. I would appreciate your comments, as you're one of my favourite writers!

    ReplyDelete