Monday 25 June 2012

Pitch Fever

Football was never meant to get a look-in on this blog. But it has now wormed its way in, because so many musicians seem to want to watch it.

After a rehearsal with a jazz quartet in Brighton on Saturday, the keyboard player persuaded me to join him in the pub. He had to watch Spain v France, and I had to have a drink. In the end, I think I watched more of the match than he did, and I didn't need anyone to tell me that it was a fairly boring affair. We had more fun talking to a holidaying couple who explained how Germany would win the tournament. They were German.

Sunday's rehearsal, with assorted rock musicians, had to finish early so that they could all get to homes or pubs in time to watch England v Italy. And somehow affected or infected by the previous evening's experience, I found myself listening to the match on the car radio on the way home. Mind you, I switched off before the end, and was content to find out the result the following day, so I'm not totally hooked yet.

Then, today, I had to attend a music tech event (basically, trying to sell music teachers on the use of iPads) in Brighton. And where was it held? At the new Amex stadium. Just seeing the football pitch got me quite excited. Maybe something strange is happening to me...


No comments:

Post a Comment