Monday 22 February 2021

An Odyssey in the Second Year of the Plague – Paint The Lyric

Odysseus Dreams of Returning to Ithaca by Elias Mesisklis






I am indebted once more to Anastasia Gavilanes, who was so helpful to me when I arrived on Ithaca at the end of my odyssey last year (see this blog An Odyssey in the Year of the Plague – 13: 29 September - 4 October 2020), for telling me about the Paint The Lyric festival planned to take place on the island later in 2021.

The theme is simple. Artists are invited to give their perspectives on The Odyssey – a character, a theme or the whole story – and their visions are brought together for an exhibition on Ithaca.

The wonderful painting above is an example of what can be expected...

If you want to know more and/or get an entry form, visit the Paint The Lyric Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment