Wednesday 9 June 2021

An Odyssey in the Second Year of the Plague – Blood on the Tracks

 

Ithaca 2021











Walking on Ithaca is a pleasure that does not come without pain... particularly when one is following the paths less trodden.


At the end of my odyssey in 2020 I was left with my legs badly cut – from walking on an Ithacan path that had been seriously blocked by trees blown down in a cyclone [see this blog, An Odyssey in the Year of the Plague – 13: 29 September - 4 October 2020]. The agony by a hundred cuts came courtesy of the briars and undergrowth that I was forced to make my way through, off-piste.


I was more than happy to return to Ithaca... but I never wanted to repeat that particular experience. However, after following a less well-walked path that petered out into thick forest and bush... I've just done exactly the same. And my legs are covered in bloody scratches – bloody painful scratches, in fact.


Maybe this time I will learn my lesson.


Ithaca 2021

1 comment: