Sunday 4 June 2023

A Farewell To Athens

 

Photo©Nigel Summerley





































My talkative friend on the hotel reception desk in Plaka at the beginning of this little trip (and on the last night too) was insistent that while I was in the area again I should visit the Frissiras Museum for Contemporary European Painting. "Most people don't know about it," he said. " And it's just round the corner and a couple of streets from here."


He was right about the location... but not about it being visitable. When I went to have a look I found it was shut. And the only exhibit that I managed to view was the intriguing one pictured above, seen through the locked doors.


I went back to the hotel to report on the Frissiras being closed and to say goodbye, but the reception desk was empty. I glimpsed Stifado the rabbit [this blog 15 April 2023] still hopping about in his cage and was happy to see him again. He didn't seem to have much of a life but at least he hadn't been made into stew.


I headed for the airport...


Photo©Nigel Summerley

No comments:

Post a Comment