Thursday 1 July 2021

An Odyssey in the Second Year of the Plague – Mail Bonding


I've been asked to report any unusual symptoms while in quarantine... The only one I've noticed so far is that I keep reading the Daily Mail and nodding in agreement...

After identifying with the complaints of Dame Joan Collins about the Covid Stasi [see this blog An Odyssey in the Second Year of the Plague – I'm with Joan Collins, 28 June 2021], I now find that I'm heartily in agreement with my former Oldie magazine colleague and Mail columnist Stephen Glover.

Like me, he is at home under quarantine, having returned from an amber list country. 

"It is practically ludicrous that I should be forced to quarantine since the current covid infection rate in Italy is less than five per cent of the UK’s, and in any case I am double-jabbed," he writes.

"Yet every day I am telephoned by someone from NHS Test and Trace who asks me whether I am quarantining at home"

Unlike Dame Joan and me, he has not yet had the knock at the door...

But what angers him the most is the long list of exemptions which means that we are the poor suckers who are having to obey the rules, while others don't. "How monstrously unfair that a government which has the gall to subject its citizens to this ridiculous palaver should arbitrarily exempt hand-picked business people and football grandees from its meddlesome restrictions," he says.

Quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment