Monday 4 July 2016

Stiwdio Time

I've been away... I'm back...

There are not many real constants in life... but one seems to be the availability of a small room containing a large drumkit.

Taking a break in North Wales for a couple of weeks and with the prospect of a gig in Bristol at the end of the fortnight, I needed to practise. But where? I was on the island of Anglesey. Not exactly remote, but not exactly the centre of the musical universe either.

I need not have worried. Stiwdio was at hand (well, just over the water, in a village near Bangor).

I booked in and after quite a few three-point turns finally found my way into the back streets of Rachub and a little recording and rehearsal studio completely hidden away beneath an equally little house.

Three hours' playing made me a lot better equipped to play a gig two days' later... and, even on a near-perfect holiday, it also gave me, as always, some time and some freedom.

Thanks, Stiwdio.


No comments:

Post a Comment