Monday 13 February 2012

No Sleep Till Tooting

For six years, with the help of many people, I've organised a modest little music festival in Tooting, south London. Its original name was SummerFest but it soon became known to regular attenders as Tootstock.

Last year's event was the best ever, thanks to some great musical performances, and thanks to my teenage daughter's friends who provided a new, younger, bigger audience. Despite the success, it had been so stressful to organise that I put a note at the end of my diary for 2011 saying: "Do NOT organise Tootstock 2012... "

But so many people asked when it was going to be and said they wanted to take part that, well, it's more or less set for Saturday June 30, 2012. And I also noticed that just after that diary entry was a PS that I had written to myself. It read: "But if you do, here's a suggested line-up... "




No comments:

Post a Comment