Saturday 4 February 2012

Pure Webshite

A fellow journalist helping me with some research this week accidentally softened a sybillant and referred me to a "webshite" that might be helpful. Shurely shome mishtake, I thought. But no, "webshite" does seem to be a particularly apt description of a lot of material on the internet.

Travel sites, packed with "unique experiences", "romantic escapes", "paradise islands", "turquoise seas", "bone-white beaches", "the ultimate in pampering", all inevitably "nestled" somewhere, especially come to mind, because I've spent much of the past few years having to go through them. It's all cliched and meaningless webshite.

Of course, I know I run the risk of being accused of adding to the webshite pile. But as I said at the beginning of this blog, at least I'm keeping it brief.

2 comments: