Friday 24 February 2012

Re-Writing The Wrongs

Writing can be enjoyable. But does anybody actually enjoy re-writing? A published author who has taken an interest in my novel, Like A Flower (an everyday story of life, death, love and gardening), said he thought the opening chapter was great and original and made him want to read more.

But the bad news was that he thought it needed two new pages at the beginning to set it up properly... and to get it past an agent. I don't enjoy re-writing, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that he was right. And I would be a fool not to take his advice.

So I've sat down and produced the required new intro. I was already tweaking the rest of the book, so now I just want to get through to the end one more time.

The problem is that my desire to have nothing more to do with it is almost as great as my desire to get it published. I think the attraction of publication at the moment is that it would be closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment