Sunday 30 May 2021

An Odyssey in the Second Year of the Plague – Summoned to the Palace

 

Site of the Palace of Odysseus
















Endless confusion, lockdowns beginning and ending and beginning again, the virus under control one minute and out of control the next, mixed messages, corrupt practices...

Thank goodness 2020 is behind us...

The only problem is that all the above applies to 2021 too...

And once more I wonder if I'll make it to Ithaca... and now, increasingly (and Odysseanly), how difficult it will be to get back home.

The paperwork is done – vaccination certificates in duplicate, passenger locator form, proof that I have to travel for work – so now it's just a matter of packing the case that travelled with me for six weeks in 2020 on The Odyssey in the Year of the Plague [see this blog] – which succeeded against the odds.

With luck I hope soon to stand in the Palace of Odysseus again...

No comments:

Post a Comment