Saturday 22 May 2021

An Odyssey in the Second Year of the Plague – To Go or Not To Go

 














The Daily Star's front pages have overtaken Private Eye for outrageous humour... and this headline which it splashed on this week really did sum up the situation now facing travellers.

I'm not going on holiday but I'm bound for Ithaca. When work is writing and editing travel articles, who needs a holiday? So for me, it's a no brainer. I have my paperwork to show I'm working and that I've had two vaccinations, and I've filled in my passenger locator form for the Greek government. I've even started packing...

But what about the people who are going on holiday and have booked everything, only to be told that they shouldn't have done? Do they cancel? Or do they go ahead. Either way, they'll be following government advice – and not following government advice.

It's been argued that the mixed messaging from Downing Street is a deliberate exercise in behavioural psychology, designed to confuse and soften up the population to make them crave rules and be more malleable.

Is there really an intelligent plan behind it all? Maybe Dominic Cummings will shed some light on this and much more this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment