Monday 17 May 2021

An Odyssey in the Second Year of the Plague – The Burden of Proof

 

Ithaca's greatest advocate... Homer















Last week I was told by my GP practice that if I wanted written proof that I'd had two Covid vaccinations, I would have to hand over £25. That was an offer I found easy to refuse... since I was under the impression that the NHS was going to issue vaccination certificates free of charge.

Today a call to the NHS confirmed that it would send me an official letter of confirmation within five working days. Which will be helpful, since the Greek government is currently asking visitors to provide such proof – and since I'm due to arrive in Ithaca on 1 June.

For those who don't want to pay for a GP letter or wait for a piece of paper from the NHS (or, indeed, bother with having a vaccination), it appears that all the necessary documentation is available – forged – on the internet.

The pandemic seems to be a gift that keeps on giving... to the criminal, the corrupt and the greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment