Saturday 29 April 2023

Back On The Up

 

The Kastro, Sikinos  Photo©Nigel Summerley

















On my third and last night on Folegandros, I did return to the Chora's beef-themed restaurant to see what was on offer. Vegetable soup, I was told. That was all? It turned out that there were also stuffed vegetables – and they weren't stuffed with beef. With the addition of chips, a veggie feast was assembled.

The chef said he'd be pleased to see me again the next evening. I explained that by then I would be on neighbouring Sikinos.

"Then I hope all the restaurants there are closed and you have to come back here to eat," he said with a smile.

I walked down to the port in the morning and took the ferry for the short hop to Sikinos – where I was immediately informed that three restaurants were open. And a mini-market.

And there high above the Kastro was yet another holy place on the hill – the Zoodochos Pigi monastery (pictured here).

I walked up there in the evening and could barely keep from being blown away into the sea, so strong were the winds.

I returned with an appetite that was truly satiated at the Capari restaurant – which actually had a menu as well as a lovely and welcoming host. So, no, I wouldn't be returning to Folegandros just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment