Friday 14 April 2023

From Wizz To Worse

 

Photo©Nigel Summerley

























Having vowed never to use Wizz Air again [see this blog 22 February] after a seven-hour delay at Malaga airport, I paid ten times as much for a return flight to Athens with British Airways, thinking it would be worth all that money just to get where I was going on time.

It was more than frustrating, then, when BA did a Wizz and cancelled my lunchtime flight and put me on another one, not seven but eight hours later.

My relaxing evening in Athens thus became arriving at my hotel at 3am.

Naively, I thought I might be due some compensation and filled in BA's application form.

It warned me that it was dealing with a lot of complaints – no shit, Sherlock – and could take some time to get back to me.

In fact, it got back to me impressively quickly to tell me that I would get zilch – because the delay was due to "Europe-wide industrial action", ie nothing to do with us.

Next time I think I'll just get the cheapest flight available and have no great expectations about when I might fly or arrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment